Tuesday, April 5, 2011

.......for Superman Jammies

 


Last night Jonah decided that he really  really wanted to wear his Superman pjs. As I attached the cape, I became overwhelmed  with emotion. One day my little guy will not want to wear these. I wish I could bottle up this stage and moment . He exhausts me but he is so FUN!!!!
This is another reminder to me of how important it is to enjoy each moment . For each one is a gift wrapped up in a blessing. How easy it is to forget and get caught up in the busyness of life and not unwrap the gifts.
I am so grateful for a book that I am reading,"One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp and wish I could buy it for every single one of the people I love.Here is the the video Ann shares that led me to buy this book as soon as I could. I could watch this over and over and over again!!!!


Though , I am still the same imperfect person and still get caught up in being too busy to be grateful, I am not the same. This book is life changing and God is using it to change mine. Now, at those moments where I am immersed in the monotonous,mundane tasks  where I am left longing for more, I remember and I give thanks !!! I am on my own journey of counting the gifts.
......for Superman Jammies....... hands and the ability to attach the cape...........my husbands hugs.......... capturing a moment w/ the click of a button.....being giddy and silly w/ my friends....the sound of my daughter playing the piano......the way my older son makes me laugh.... my little ones stuffed animals Biggest Loser episode............

No comments: