Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bittersweet Kind of Day

This weekend we were blessed to have a little visitor stay at our house.  What a joy to have Miss Taegan here. Unfortuneately , the reason for her staying isn't joyous at all. Her Poppy passed away. As we have played ,built snowmen and made cookies and laughed, her Mommy and Daddy were saying goodbye to such a sweet part of their lives. Every once in awhile I would have to sneak away and wipe a tear as I thought of my friends and the sadness sweet little T will be feeling all too soon. She sooo loved her Poppy and he absolutely adored her!!!! She didn't talk about it except when she showed Livy the pocket watch her Poppy gave her before he died.  SO we have just tried to fill her weekend w/ lotts of fun!!
Taegan decided to build a snow fort. I do not remember the last time I did that!!
These two were inseparable!! At one point T told the boys that they needed to leave Livys room because they needed to have some "girl talk.Love it!!!
We also finally made the cookies we have been meaning to make for weeks. These are Melted Snowman Cookies. I found this recipe on a friends blog http://www.mycrazyadoption.org/ If you go to her blog and type in Melted Snowman Cookies in her search you will find it!!

: 0) "Snow much fun!!!!"
I told Guy david that would have been us if he would have come out and played with me. I guess he had better things to do like  bringing wood in. Whatever!!! LOL
Please pray for my little friend and her family!!! They are going to have a very hard week!!!!

No comments: