Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where Did the Time Go???? /10 Things I Love About Olivia

Today my little girl is 12!! Olivia ( Bringer of Peace) Kathleen ( Dear to my heart)!! I can't help but get emotional when my kids have a birthday!! I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! And it feels like it was just yesterday!! I was so nervous and afraid. Top it off with a broken hand. I would not be able to squeeze Guy Davids hand!!! Sometimes God allows things to happen in our life that are so very painful and hard that leave us questioning and we have to decide if we are going to trust Him and believe that Romans 8:28 is true." And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to His purpose." I love how it is written in the Message Bible "That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good. " I had no choice but decide to trust God and believe because I could not get through it on my own!! And I can attest of how the Lord uses those painful things in our lives and creates wonderful and beautiful things out of them. I will be honest and say that I find myself at times and not so much anymore,saying things like " God, couldn't you have done something else to bring those good things about...etc. etc. It comes back to trust and that is honestly the only way I can feel peace. So I said that sometimes God allows these painful things in our lives and then there are other times when He just blesses your socks off. And what is hard to understand is that both times He is up to something good and that His love for us NEVER changes. Olivia's birth was a time when God just blessed my socks off!!!! There I was with a broken hand ( which I believe God used to distract me ).. How was I going to give birth w/ out holding Guy Davids hand?.... How was I going to hold her?.......along w/ all the other thoughts. Well, we got to the hospital at 11:30 pm and I had her at 12:04 pm. It happened so quick that I did not need to hold his hand and Dr. Henning made it just in time. God knew that I needed him there. Olivia was one of the last babies he delivered before he moved away. :) I remember the first thing I asked him was ....." Is her palette ok? " Another Dr. might have found that strange. lol As soon as she was in my arms, I felt peace that she was ok. When Guy Davids Mom got there she pointed out that her initials were O.K. I had never thought about that before. :) Well, we still had tests ran and kept her away from people until the results were in. I have pictures of Abbey and Danny and Kyle standing outside my door looking in at her. Now I am tearing up!! What would I have done w/out all my kids through that time??? ( My daycare & preschool kids) They got me out of bed every day. :) Not to mention made me laugh etc. Their little selves not even realizing how God was using them in my life. This is why I don't have their albums done yet. ( my daycare kids)LOL Too much emotion. :)

So the Lord is still blessing my socks off w/ my baby girl!!! What a huge blessing she is to me!!! She is so dear to my heart and brings me such peace!!!


1. I love that she loves to read and cries at sad parts and sometimes happy parts. :)

2. I love that she can easily put herself into someone elses shoes and have compassion.

3. I love the appreciation she has for the little things of life and her excitement about them. She has a thankful heart!

4. I love that the very first quilt she made went to an orphanage in Liberia and that not once did she voice or show any hesitancy or sadness. Some of her friends did the same thing. Sometimes you learn more from your children than they learn from you. I think I may have struggled just a bit.

5.Sometimes it creates conflict because we are so different in this way but I love her sense of order and organization. Now you won't be able to tell by looking at her room but she has got the schedule thing down and keeps up w/ what is on the calendar. She hates to be late.So, sometimes she is not very happy w/ me. LOL

6. I love to hear her play the piano and to watch her dance!!!!! She loves music!!

7. I love her servants heart!! She is always wanting to please and help.

8. I love her love for cooking and baking. She would cook every meal if I would let her. She is like her mother though and very messy in the kitchen. I kind of love that too!!!

9. I love the friend she is to me!!!

10. I love the love she has for Jesus most of all!! I have seen it since she was little. So often she is the example I need. * sigh*

Happy Birthday, Livy!!! We are celebrating today by having peaches and french toast for breakfast. Later we are off to Lancaster. We will be spending the night at some of our Amish friends and then on Saturday we will be going to Sight & Sound to see " In the Beginning." We both cannot wait!!!! But can you believe that she does not want to sit w/ me on the bus? She wants to sit w/ her friends. Where has the time gone?????? I wish I was holding her on that bus wrapped up in a little bundle and could do this all over again. It is going to fast!!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love these shots JJ! You are amazing...that's why your children are!!

God Bless