2.Last night we returned home from an overnighter and a day spent at Valley Forge w/ great friends. It was a crazy but fun and wonderful trip. The crazy parts were just great reminders of our many blessings and thoughts of all of those men who sacrificed so much for our freedom. It has left me w/ deep thoughts of what lesson plans are the most important as I teach my children.
3. Due to some belly aches last night and this morning, we had an 1/2 day of school. This afternoon, I will enjoy an afternoon of a little blogging and then I am going to lock myself in the school room w/ my prayer journal and lesson plans. I am remembering those first years of homeschooling and am longing to reclaim and rededicate my life as a homeschooling Mama. It is so easy to get so wrapped up in your curriculum and checking off your days that you forget the most important lessons.
4. We have snow on the way and I am so excited and hoping that we are in the pocket that gets 12 inches. :0) LOL I know some of you will want to hit me over the head. I LOVE to be snowed in. I am hoping my hubby gets snowed in as well. I miss the days when he plowed snow.Some days, I would ride along w/ him ,snuggling right up close next to him in the front seat of the truck. On days when I would stay home, I remember staying in my bed w/ a good book until he would return and then we would go out and sled. I thought he and his brother were nuts when they would get the runner sleds out and sled down the road.
5. On Thursday , I start back up w/ my First Place group. I am looking forward to it and feel ready. I write this cringing in my mind as I remember my forty and sporty posts. Such humiliation I feel. Why did I ever share that w/ all of you????? When I think of that ,big ,red letters that spell out FAILURE flash in my head. Why is it that I can be sooooooooooo gung ho about something for awhile and just let it go?????? I feel very strongly that the First Place program is what God is going to use to change my life but I have to be willing and actually DO the program. I must be honest and say that I am in a frumpy rut but I am feeling more determined every day to dig myself out and ( though, I know I will always be a work in progress) and let God finish this construction job of rebuilding His temple. I will be 40 in a few weeks and unfortunately project 40 & Sporty will not be complete. I will give myself grace and move forward.
6. I wish that all I had to do everyday was listen to praise music,read my bible and journal and play and have fun w/ my family and my camera.
7. Speaking of praise music.......... On Sunday , God blessed me in such a special way. I have a song that I call "My Song." It is a very long story. I will keep it short and say that about 5 years ago , I went to a retreat that the Lord used in a mighty way in my life. At one point ,He used a prayer and a song to help me see that all of the things ;good and bad that have happened in my life did not happen out of His hand. He allowed them for a reason that he intended for good and through it all , He was there and carrying me through holding me in His arms. So ,anyhoo, on Sunday , 2 very sweet girls sang this song at a church service I went to and I felt the Lord reminding me of that all over again. It is one of those moments that I cannot explain other than saying ," It was just for me." :0) Isn't that awesome that the God of the Universe loves His children that much that He cares to just bless us w/ simple , personal things. I am so grateful that I serve a loving ,relational God!!!!
8. I am amazed when I think over this last year and all that the Lord has done for me!!!!! I went to AFRICA!!!!! The people I met there are forever in my heart and I am changed!!!! I am saddened that I have let some things that are so small compared to what the Lord has done through this trip ,steal my joy and focus. Shame on me!!!
9. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I have had to learn and grow in my photography.I am blown away at all that the Lord has done. He truly does want to give us the desires of our hearts.
10. I am so encouraged about something that I have been praying about for years and cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do. That is all I can say for now. Pray a little prayer for me!!! :0)
And because I cannot stand to post w/ out a picture..............................
This was a fun day ! They were my models and let me have fun w/ my camera.
Ok, one more! I don't know what it is about this but I love it!!!