Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Kind of School Day

Our friends Eric and April and their family came to Pa for a visit. We had planned a home school coop for when they were here but it ended up being cancelled due to sickness. So, we decided to get together anyway. We have always wished we lived closer to one another because we both think we would have a blast homeschooling together. We got together in the morning and while April did a writing workshop with the older children, I read the book "The Little Red Light house and The Great Gray Bridge" and did some lessons out of Five in a Row w/ the little ones. This is a great story about how we all are important and have a purpose. Sometimes our purpose seems so insignificant and not important at all but sometimes ( or should I say always) there is something greater going on that we know nothing about or just do not understand. Here is my favorite line from the book.. "I call to the airplanes", cried the bridge. " I flash to ships of the air. But you are still master of the river. Quick let your light shine again. Each to his own place ,little brother!" Oh , I love it!!! Once the schooling was done , we had lunch. I loved seeing my table so full! :) After lunch we were off to the Apple Farm. It was a great day! I enjoyed getting to know Jordan, Christian, Adam, Maria and Eden a little bit better. They crack me up and I will now read Eric's blog in a whole new light!! LOL I wish we could have more school days like this one!!!





























Quick go shine your light everyone!!! Each to his own place,brothers and sisters!! :)

No comments: