Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Alayna!!

Today our little girl Alayna would be 14 years old if she was still here. ( I wonder if she has grown in Heaven ). It is so hard to believe. Sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday that I was holding her in my arms and then other times it seems so long ago, Oh how I wish my scanner would work. I took a picture of this picture so the quality isn't all that great. She was the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I am her Mama but all of the nurses called her their little cherub baby. They thought she was beautiful as well! As I have been blogging about my other children on their Birthdays, I have been feeling led to do the same for my first born. No other person has ever made such a difference in my life. I can't put into words a list of the things I love about her but I can say that I am so grateful that this little life came into mine though her time w/ me was oh so brief!! I think I will list some things that I have learned from this sweet, little baby girl coming into my life.


~ I have learned that I have an incredible husband!! When times are tough this man grabs a hold of his faith and stands strong w/ deep compassion and gentleness.It is true that losing a child is very hard on a marriage but we made it and I am so thankful that I have him to lean on!!

~ I have learned that I have amazing friends and family!!!

~ I have learned that some times the best thing you can do for another person is listen!!!! Sometimes there are no answers and nothing you can do but listen and pray and that is ok and can be the greatest gift!!!

~ I have learned that the only one who will never let you down is Jesus!!! I feel like this can sound so cliche and I am sorry about that and wish I could find the words.He is not the one I should go to last but the one I should run to first. That is where true comfort and understanding comes from!! He does at times use his people and I have been so blessed w/ that . But He never sleeps and He never tires of hearing my prayers or my cries.
~ I have learned that Romans 8 : 28 is my favorite verse. " And we know that in all things God works for the good for those who love Him , who have been called according to His purpose." I have learned that GOD Is GOOD. I had moments where I questioned. And I am sure I will have more in my life but He has proven Himself true and I have so much to cling to in those times. I hope to share that w/ you sometime but that is whole other blog. :)
~ Did I mention that because of Alayna I am having so much fun learning more about photography?? :)Alot more to learn but having a blast!!!
~ I have learned so much more but sometimes there are just no words to be able to share your heart!



Every year on Alayna's Birhthday , we let balloons go to celebrate. We like to think that they go right to Heaven. :)We watch until we cannot see them any more. It is always avery fun time!! It truly brings me so much joy!Sometimes it is joy through some tears!! After we let the balloons go and Jonah sang Happy Birthday at the top of his lungs, we went back down to the house to get some cleaner and a scrub brush so we could clean Alaynas stone. It is something we have been wanting to do for quite awhile. While we were at the house my good friend Val and her daughter Quersti stopped by w/ some more balloons. :) They knew about my photo shoot idea for Alayna's Birthday and wanting alot of balloons. So sweet!! Thank you !!!It was a wonderful surprise. Love ya!!So ,we got to do it again. Yay!!! We had such a wonderful day! I am blessed!! Happy Birthday Alayna! I love and miss you! Thank you for teaching me so many things!!! Can't wait to see you again!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen your blog about your precious baby made me cry. You are the strongest woman I know. Everything you say is so beautiful! So glad Val could surprise you! :-) Love you

Anonymous said...

Adoring the Ely's!!!

The Gow's