Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Why the Title?

I have signed up several times to start a blog and I have stopped every time when it came to the point where I had to give my blog a title. So , today I went for it. This is what I came up with "JJ's Joyful Journey."What do you think? 3 words that start w/ J. I think Pastor Rodney would be proud. lol Growing up I was called JJ.Jennifer Jeanis my name. Then, later something happened. My mom says that I asked them to stop calling me that. I remember not wanting to be called Jennifer but Jen. Anyway, I miss JJ but yet it only feels right when certain people call me that. JJ sounds like someone fun and full of energy. I love to have fun and boy could I use some more energy!! The Joyful Journey part well, i feel like I am on all sorts of journeys and I really want to see the joy in them all. I want this blog to be a cozy spot at the end of the day where I can reflect on all that is good in my life. I am living my dream!! When I was little and asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?", I would say " I want to be a Mommy and a teacher." As a homeschooling Mom,I got my wish!! And of course when I met Guy David Ely in 7th grade, it was love at first sight and I dreamed of being Mrs. Guy David Ely. On Oct. 30, 1993 another dream came true and I could not ask for a better husband and Daddy for my kids! I love my life but I have to honestly say that many times the busyness of life and the act of all the mundane things of life very easily zap my joy and cloud my vision.So here I am and I couldn't have started this blog at a better time. W/ in a week, I have totalled my car, got a new puppy, Olivia broke her leg, and I was getting ready for a pie sale. Let me share the joy in it all...............
I am so thankful that I was driving that big Buick that I hate when I hit that deer. W/ my daughter in the front seat and remembering how big that deer was, I shudder at the thought of being in a smaller car.I am so tired of cleaning up puppy pee but how nice it is to have a sweet puppy again! Though , i so wish it was a baby I was caring for!!!!Olivia is handling having a broken leg wonderfully . She is such an example to her mama. She has such a joyful& positive attitude. It is giving all of us but especially her brothers an opportunity to learn what it means to have a servants heart and show the love of Christ to her. Usually Livy is the big helper. As for the Pie sale , I am in awe of God and how he has made it happen every year as every year I question. Oh me of little faith. He answered my prayers more than I ever imagined and w/ the money raised we will be able to help meet the needs of two chilren who are not blessed w/ a home or a family to love or to be loved by. To be used in this way gives me great joy!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Blaney said...

WOW! I didn't realize you had such a crazy week! YIKES! Did Olivia break her leg in the accident? geesh....... We enjoyed our pie! I need to start blogging on my class blog again!

Rose Family Editor said...

Woo-hoo! We can be fellow bloggers with the same layout! hee hee!!! Next task: add some photos & movies!

You go JJ girl!

Sarah said...

Yeah Jen - you will be my inspiration!